Strawberries Are All That! And then some! Did you know every bite of this juicy berry
is packed full of vital nutrients and a whole lot of awesome health benefits.
Check it out –
|Nutrition Facts||per 250 g punnet|
|Saturated Fat||0.038 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.388 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.108 g|
250g of these luscious berries are a low 80 Calories and they are a:
- Rich source of phyto-nutrients, minerals and vitamins essential for optimum health.
- Strawberries contain phenolic flavonoid phyto-chemicals called anthocyanins and ellagic acid which research have linked to improved vision, cardiovascular health, memory retention in old age and reduced risk of hypertension.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant which helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents, counter inflammation and scavenge harmful free radicals
- Rich in B-complex group of vitamins – B-6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and folic acid. These vitamins are acting as co-factors help the body metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Vitamin A, E & K vitamins key in healthy skin, mucous membranes and bones, promotes healthy red blood cells and enhances absorption of vitamin k which helps blood coagulate.
- source of minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, iron and iodine. these minerals are important for controlling heart rate and blood pressure, production of red blood cells and cell formation etc
- Fibre which helps reduce the risk of high cholesterol, bowel cancer and constipation.
* Nutrition Values source USDA Nutrient Database